On 5/17/06, Martin Nordholts wrote:
I think like this:
For maximum workflow, one should be able to do as many things simultaneously
as possible, wouldn't you agree with that?

What else can I do while creating a new layer except scratching my
poor head and holding a paper? :)

Again, I would like consistent user interface. If GIMP uses
Shift+Click for using last settings and bypass an extra dialog in
several places, I want it to always work that way, throughout UI.

If you point is in bypassing all "extra" dialogs by default, then it
is a subject to a usability study. I can't see how possibly we can
decide changing what many people already got used to without studying
user experience of at least part of them.