Hi,

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 21:01 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > Yeah it can go. It would only make sense if a Cancel on
> > the jpeg options would get you back to the Save_Image dialog,
> > in case you see that the jpeg compression is not appropriate,
> > you change your mind and go back for png or so...
>
> That is the idea. The fact that this doesn't happen currently is just a
> bug. We will try to fix it.

This is now fixed in trunk. I am afraid that this doesn't improve the
situation for the JPEG save dialog though as this means that the Save
file-chooser dialog will stay. But the main problem here is that the
JPEG plug-in does the wrong thing. The preview in the image window has
never worked well and it has caused so many problems already. We should
IMO change the JPEG save plug-in instead of working around the problems
that are caused by its brokeness.

I hope that we can address this with the Save/Export overhaul that is
long due. But we still need a good concept that covers all this.