On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 12:48 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> I think the Save_Image dialog should just disappear
> after use, as both Cancel and Help are available on
> the second dialog and what else would it be good for?

If I remember correctly, it used to serve as a place to show the
progress-bar in. But we do that in the image window now. It might make
sense to hide the save dialog earlier in the save process. That would be
a small change that can easily be done.

> Then the Save_as_JPEG controls could appear on the image
> window (inspired by the Firefox find bar) to further cut
> down on window juggling.

I am sorry but the JPEG plug-in, like all GIMP plug-ins, lives in a
different process and can not add controls to the image window. While
there certainly are ways to work around this, I don't think that
limitation is going to change anytime soon.