On 3/6/07, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Work on GEGL
> Needs a more detailed spec, perhaps even a list of proposed projects.
This is a list showing a todo/roadmap for GEGL in its current state,
some of it depends on having a more stable operations API, which is
going to be one of
my priorities going forward.
The following three bullet points are things I am thinking about and hope to
have done significant work on before the summer starts:
- Caching of intermediate results in the graph
- Locking of threaded rendering
- Stabilized operations plug-in API (depends on the two others, as
well as general
The rest are other notable TODO items of interest:
- GeglBuffers that operate over the network.
- Network distributed rendering.
- Prototype GEGL backend (operations) that uses GPU instead of CPU for
- Capabilities to do frequency domain processing.
- Bayer demosaicing operations.
- GEGL based Paint core and related operations (brushes, strokes) a
paint core was done for a tentative GEGL port of horizon
(http://pippin.gimp.org/horizon/) before LGM in 2006.
«The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed»
-- William Gibson
Gimp-developer mailing list