On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Stephen DeLear wrote:

> Unsharpen Mask:  The GEGL unsharpen mask feature does not use standard
> terminology.  I have no idea how to set this.

Let me give you an idea: edit the source code and send us a patch
('diff -u' is your friend)

You want this file:

http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gegl/trunk/operations/common/unsharp-mask.c?revision=2590&view=markup

:-)

> High Dynamic Range Imaging: Which will require greater then 8bit color.
> Mathematically putting 3 or more images bracketed on a tripod together for
> an expanded tonal range.  Currently can be done natively in CS3/CS4.

Qtpfsgui is your friend :-)

> Noise Reduction:  The overexposed look is in for photography lately as dark
> areas of an image pick up patterning from the digital sensor (i.e. noise).
> Back in the days of film seeing grain in an image enlarged to several feet
> would be a "live with it".  Today a number of companies will reject images
> showing ANY noise at 100%.    Plugins  such as noise ninja are quite
> popular.  Would be nice to have a specific noise killing enhancement in
> GIMP.

You mean you want all those noise reduction plug-ins and scripts
floating around GIMP in the bundle or some particular one? Could you
probably be more particular about that? :-)

I'm not saying GIMP developers will do what you say (I'm not in
position to make any claims regarding development process), but at
least you could start with review of existing solutions for GIMP
(GREYCstoration, Wavelet Denoise etc.) with samples and
recommendations. That would be a good start. Just telling people
something is missing and not providing enough information is not quite
helpful ;-)

Alexandre