Sven wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 17:15 +0100, peter sikking wrote:
>> hmmm, there must be a misunderstanding here.
> Yes, obviously there is. But it is on your side.
>> if you read carefully what I am proposing then you'll see that
>> the only thing that is going to change about the channels
>> dialog itself is that the stored selections will be outa' there.
> There's no conceptual difference between channels and stored
> selections.

well, we at the UI team are trying to tell the development team that
over in user-space there is a big perceived difference channels and
stored selections.

and I can't believe that proposing an alignment of GIMP UI with
the realities of users expectations meets such a dogged resistance.

you describe to me some of the high-end usage of channels which is cool
to know, but it relies in no way on the selections also being parked
there. there is a free flow of pixel data possible between any layer
mask and selection, so I would not know why that could also not have
obvious means (like, copy and paste) in and out of channels.

             man + machine interface works
 : on interaction architecture