As a casual, inexperienced user of GIMP, I would like to add my comment about
saving selections.
Using a trial version of PS I tried many different things on the same
photo(s). Some of them being colour fiddling, DOF manipulation, cut-and-paste,
and many more.
I found the ability to save a (named) selection, (and indeed a number of
different selections for the same photo) to be very useful, and in fact pretty
Converting to GIMP, (because PS would bust my budget!) I was alarmed when I
could not find a "selection save".
Having read through this thread, I will try to use "save to channel", but I
just cannot get my head around how to retrieve the "saved" selection.
Any assistance on this will be most welcome.
BTW: GIMP is truly great!!!!!