In GIMP 2.6.2 when pasting several references are taken into
account -- and that is useful.

But if there is no reference (no previously selected region for
example) it would be useful to paste the block initially at mouse
cursor position (counting left, upper corner of the rectangle which
boundaries of the block make, as the base point).

So I could move mouse into desired place, paste, and then just fine
tune the final position. Currently the block is shifted so much that
I have to drag it back each time.

Kind regards,

PS. I am posting it here instead of bugzilla because I was asked
every time to do so.