On Thursday 14 May 2009 19:26:41 Martin Nordholts wrote:

> It is
> better than a random insertion point, yes, but so what?

I am puzzled -- if it is better (and I agree) we should use it. Is
there any reason to keep worse UI?

I think progress means search for better solutions and use them. Here
is better solution -- use the mouse cursor position instead of random
position.

> It's still not a good insertion point IMO.

By definition it won't be any better because we are talking about case
where are no other hints. So it is the best we have (I agree with you
it is fragile, of course it is).

Cheers,