Hi,

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 13:21 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:

> When there is no selection, and you paste, the paste typically ends
> up 3,926,201 screens above where you are working (for me at least).

Not sure what version of GIMP you are using. But the current code has
the following logic:

If there is a selection, paste to the center of the selection boundary.

If there is no selection, paste to the center of the viewport unless
that would place the selection completely outside the drawable we we are
pasting to.

If we still didn't find a suitable position, fall back to the center of
the image.

I didn't check all corner cases, but the code looks OK and the little
tests I did seem to indicate that the behavior is as I described.