Am Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2009 schrub yahvuu:

[...]

> The user sends a JPEG to a colleague for review -- takes 2 hours to render.
> The image is OK, the user creates a TIFF for the print shop -- takes 2
> hours again.
>
> I think in this case, the user would be better off if he had some
> control about when the rendering happens.

What about caching the rendered image? As long as nothing is changed it can be
reused. And when anything is altered in the image it has to be rerendered
anyway. At least if it's not possible to cache intermediate results of the
rendering or just rerender the changed parts.

[...]

Tobias