> - Leave the old tool selection concept to the new taggable brush
> selection window
> With a new generic brush system in most of the brush behavior is
> described by the brush settings, it's possible to leave the old tool
> selection concept to the new (and possibly even more improved)
> taggable brush presets window.

What do you mean here? I think we need at least these paint tools:

Paint (this would be able to do all of what Pencil, Paintbrush, and Airbrush
do currently, and perhaps also Eraser), Ink (this does not use 'brushes'),
Clone (also Heal?) , Perspective Clone , Blur/Sharpen, Dodge/Burn, Smudge.
Do you really have a proposition to unify all of those, or do I
misunderstand you?