Hello Martin

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Martin Nordholts<ense...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A more sophisticated solution would be to have per-image export options. Not
> sure if that is a good idea or not.

I also don't think it's smart - If we do say that the PDF export is a
global task ("In both cases the user wants to export a PDF") then it
shouldn't be associated with any image.

> What d you mean w ith all images in the GtkIconView? Can't we simply let the
> user pick the images for the multi-page PDF?

The only point is that if we have both procedures merged to one
procedure, then the user will have some trouble when handling 2
different PDFs. If the user works on 2 PDFs at the same time, one of
images 1 and 2, and another of images 3 and 4 he will be annoyed to
set the pages again for every PDF. It shouldn't be a problem with 2
pages but if a user wants to export 50 pages as PDF, it starts to
become a problem...

However, now that I think of it, GIMP's product vision doesn't say
that it's a page layout program, so maybe we shouldn't really worry
about this :-)

> In git master, exported dirtiness is separate from saved dirtiness. You
> should try it out :)

I wish I could try the new branch, however I don't have a computer to
test it on with administrator rights... I need someone to package GIMP
2.7 as a zip so I can extract and run it (The windows installer
requires administrator rights, and installing a package on linux also
requires this).
If anyone can package a windows (32 bit)/linux (64 bit) build as a
single archive and not as an installer, I'll be very thankful =)
Then I'll also be able to test my plugin on GIMP 2.7 (right now, most
of my coding for feature releases of GIMP is done "blind" - I test
everything I can on the stable version, and when I want to use the new
api I read it, write some code and hope for good :D)

~Barak