Hello martin,

> You don't need administrator rights to try GIMP git master, just install
> into a prefix in your home dir
> git clone git://git.gnome.org/gimp
> cd gimp
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/barak/gimp-2-7
> make
> make install

the problem is that the linux system I use on the computer labs at
doesn't have autogen (and some other tools required for the
compilation) installed, and in order to install it to the main
directory I need administrator rights. Is there any way to specify
other directories for tools such as autogen? I tried extracting it to
/vol/scratch (The scratch disk, since the home-folders are very
limited in disk space) and then to add it to the PATH but it didn't
work. (I'll try it again next time). If the compilation can be done on
/vol/scratch I have enough space to install all the missing scripts
(such as autogen) on my homefolder. The problem is that I don't know
how to do that.
Any tips/help?