On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:18 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> The GtkToolPalette widget that hosts the buttons is able to nicely
> distribute available space among the buttons, so I would like to remove
> the resize constraint and make the toolbox dock window freely
> resizeable. The attached patch does that.

Do the buttons still flow/wrap then, or does this lead to a fixed n rows
and m columns?

> Are there any important use cases or interaction design aspects I'm not
> thinking about here?

I assume the icons force a minimum button size?

There *might* be some advantage to fix sized buttons regarding a
training effect.

At some point the icons will looks strange, surrounded by too much empty
space, but that's not really an issue as the user can keep it out of the
silly range easily.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: