On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 21:22 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

>   * We can do development releases whenever we want, there will
>     always be a tarball ready to be released. In the past, getting
>     ready for a development release has taken weeks some times.

That's over-exaggerating things a little. It has sometimes taken hours
to fix 'make distcheck'. By running this more regularly this can of
course be much improved.

Will buildbot build failures be posted to this list? Do you have the
'blame' feature setup so that the commits that potentially broke the
build are listed?

> I don't have a fixed IP address however which makes it hard for me to
> host a machine for this. So the question is: what alternatives do we
> have? Maybe this would be a good thing to spend our money on? I guess
> the easiest thing would be to rent a (possibly virtual) machine
> reachable from the internet. We can then add links to that machine on
> gimp.org to the tarball dir it produces.

Well, we could ask if it is possible to have this run on cube. But I
guess that it really makes sense to have a dedicated (virtual) machine
for this.