On 09/07/2010 06:26 PM, Emil Assarsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How about letting this buildbot approving commits in some way?
> http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Gerrit+Plugin

My employer uses Hudson and I considered using Hudson for GIMP too.
Automatically building and testing commits before they are merged to
master is a really neat thing to do.

But I chose buildbot over Hudson because

* buildbot is more readily available than Hudson, for example, Fedora 13
does not have Hudson packages
* buildbot is built on Python, which is less controversial in terms of
software freedom than Java (Personally I'm fine with both, but it can
still matter to some)
* I already knew Hudson and wanted to learn buildbot
* I feared that people would look at Gerrit+Hudson as an obstacle, since
commits needs to be submitted, it's not enough to just push

And now that I've experimented with buildbot a bit, I have ended up
liking the system, so I don't plan to switch over to Hudson

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/