anybody wrote:
> I recently got informed that you (dev-community) are planning to drop
> Scheme-support for 2.8++

Feel free to go and flog the person who told you that. ;-)  If this was
planned it would be mentioned on the official GIMP website.

> getting a bunch of willing folks who are watching the Tiny-Fu gnome.git repo,

There won't be any changes to see in the Tiny-Fu repository for a while as
I'm busy on other projects. Tiny-Fu shouldn't be used with a recent version
of GIMP. It is out-of-date and is only for testing some future changes to
how Scheme scripts will be run. Eventually I will bring Tiny-Fu up-to-date
with all of the changes made to Script-Fu and start work on the 2.0 version.