On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 19:39 +0200, Alexia Death wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2011 19:17:51 Øyvind Kolås wrote:
> > Code documentation is also one of the tasks that are not permitted for
> > instance in the Google summer of code, perhaps we could come up with a
> > set of bounties, or find someone motivated and fund them on a task by
> > task basis or even part time for documenting?
>
> I think this is a frightfully good idea too. One of those tasks could be
> writing the GIMP code Codex. Coding standards and best practices and so on.
> It
> could give us much easyer to merge forks for example. Its extremely annoying
> having to rewrite most of a great feature to make it fit  for merge.... And
> yes, I do remember my starting days trying to make sense of the GIMP on the
> inside.

But who could write (and review) such docs? That would be the core
developers and we really need the core developers to work on GIMP 2.8.
Focusing on developer documentation is not going to make GIMP 2.8 happen
earlier. On the contrary, it is likely to delay it further.

Please try to come up with suggestions that focus on the 2.8 release.
Thanks.