On 02/13/2011 12:04 AM, LightningIsMyName wrote:
> I'm starting this thread to list ideas for Google Summer of Code 2011,
> for the GIMP project. Since in the last year collecting ideas was done
> partially by the mailing list, let's try it again this year and keep
> most ideas here.

Thanks for a good start on this Barak

I would like to add:

Port UI code to a non-low level language

Hacking UI code in C is a resource eater for us, we should use C for
quick and efficient pixel processing but not for creating buttons. It
would be interesting to make changes to the GIMP codebase that would
allow us for example write the Pointer Information Dialog in JavaScript.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/