Is there a way to disable the libgimp signal handlers? (Yes, I could add
a disgusting hack myself, but I don't want to). They do not serve any
purpose that a coredump wouldn't as well (so I don't see the advantage).

- it disturbs the stack backtrace
- in 99% of the cases, they result in an endless loop, which requires me to
  switch the terminal and kill it manually. This is my main concern.
- it interacts badly with programs that want to set their own signal handlers
  (e.g., perl). BTW: this is not my main concern.

I know this might be a question of taste. But I seriously can't remember a
case where this behaviour helped me.

At the very least, I would disable them for releases.