Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:15:43 +0100
   From: Marc Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 10:56:08AM -0800, Manish Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   > It's much easier to tell novice user to just press "S" then instruct them
   > how to use gdb.

In that case, why not have it append the stack trace to some file in
/usr/share/gimp or whatnot and then exit quietly unless some
environment variable is set appropriately?

   Hmm.. that is interesting... 's' did never produce a stackdump on my
   machine :=)

The problem is that this whole thing is terribly annoying when I'm
running the Gimp in the background (I usually run it from a shell as

so I don't accidentally foreground it, and I'm sure a lot of people
run it off a desktop menu of some sort -- those people have nowhere to
type 's' into).

Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--Eric Crampton