From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:17:48 +0100

   > Just a comment about the print plugin (I don't know if you've actually
   > done it) -- I suppose it's no disaster to do that to 3.0, but the
   > intent is that the core of the print plugin live standalone without
   > the Gimp, e. g. in Ghostscript, or as a CUPS filter, or whatnot.

   We might also choose to use the upcoming Gnome Print System if it turns
   out to fit our needs and appears to be portable to non-Linux systems.

As long as it doesn't require actually running Gnome (works with bare
X, KDE, etc.) and its footprint is reasonably light, that sounds like
a reasonable thing to do.

   BTW: Could you please provide a patch that upgrades the Print plug-in in
   CVS to the most recent 3.0.x version?

Sure, in a separate message.