On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:55:20 -0700 (MST), "Michael J. Hammel"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I'm curious why any new plug-ins should be added to the core *at
>all*.  Gimp's distribution is fairly large as it is.  Isn't it
>getting time to limit additional plug-ins to the core distribution to
>plug-ins which are considered "vital" in some way?  Even some estoric
>file plug-ins need not necessarily be included with the core package.
>Throwing in the kitchen sink is what's starting to bloat some Linux
>distros.

I agree entirely.  It is my considered position that the first thing
we should with 1.3 is remove all, or virtually all, of the plug-ins
from the standard distribution.  Moving them to the gimp-plug-in
repository on sourceforge seems practical.  All we need to do is
develop a good installer tool before 1.4 rolls, which will probably be
sometime in 2002.

Kelly