tile editor? you so you can make seamles tiles? (im guessing here, dont
know what you mean by tile editor)

maybe just make a plug in that displays the drawable(s) in an offset view.
of course you would have to have an update button or poll the image
regularly or something silly like that (which is why i never bothered to
make this plug in)

so what we really need is something for alternate forms of displaying the
image, such as offset or hieghtfield (already working on that one, now
that i fixed the silly clipping problem but polling and having an update
button is how im doing it) or mapped to abritrary shapes...

at the least a way for a plug in to know when an image changes...