After some offline discussion with Garry, we have jointly agreed
to propose the following (my wording, don't blame him):

The curves and levels tools should reset when called, and this
behaviour should be reinstated before 1.2.

The reasons are as follows:

 * consistency with all other colour tools.

 * both tools allow the user to save and load settings, so users
can still apply the same effect to multiple images.

 * the reset button only resets a single channel, so manually
resetting the tool is not as simple as it should be.

 * a common scheme for loading / saving / repeating settings would
be useful, but should be implemented across all (appropriate) tools
(and cannot be done for 1.2).

Comments?

(Dons asbestos suit, cowers and waits.)

--
David Hodson  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  --  this night wounds time