On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 06:24:44PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> Sorry if I sound a little bit a bureaucrat but I want to propose a rule
> for the version releases, similar to the string freeze for the programs.
> Sometimes the manual reach a state the could be safely published. When
> we decide that that time is reached, I propose to publish a Request For
> Publication, here in this list, that means that the version branch is
> created (say gimp-2.8.1 for example..) and the tar balls are delayed for
> as long as 2 weeks. In that period of time, translators can try do
> updated and finish their work to reach a, as far as possible, complete
> multilanguage version of the manual.
> This is a kind of "RFC" :-) please say what you think about it.
Explicitely requesting a new release seems to be a good idea.
(Unless a new major version (2.10.0 or 3.0.0) is released, we don't
need a new branch, just a tag for the new release - and even this is
not really necessary.)
Sie vernichten Getreide - und sammeln Brot für die Welt.
-- Karlheinz Deschner
gimp-docs-list mailing list