On 2012-05-06 at 21:47 Johan said:

> With 2.8RC1:
> (1) A window appears showing the current font settings
> (2) A 'dynamic window' appears where the text entered appears.

  Mmm. That's what 2.6 does also. Perhaps there's a bug in 2.7.4?

Johan, when you say (in (2)) "...where the text entered appears", does
anything also appear in the 'font settings' window as you enter text?

> Did you abuse the Font field of the font settings window for text
> entry?

  No, I didn't touch the Font field. The only thing that happened in
that window was that any text entered appeared there in the top left-
hand field (but - sadly - not in the 'dynamic' field).