I spent a lot of time editing this photo and when I uploaded it into gimp to
further edit and attempted to save, it would not. Then I tried to open the
photo, knowing the work on gimp wouldn't have saved, but it would not open. I
tried opening in the web browser and Paint but it's clearly corrupt. I
downloaded a file rescue program that did not detect a problem.

I am VERY hopeful someone from the GIMP may be able to fix the JPG file
considering it was the GIMP program that destroyed hours of work. The file is
attached, please let me know if you are able to help!