I know that i can export it with different file name but i don't believe it is
simple and convenient, because while working it is hard to remember that gimp
2.8 has a strange feature for exporting and keeps old file name for exporting.
And people tend to use ctrl+e automatically, and it messes all the work which
is done...

realbezo (via gimpusers.com)