I've been using GIMP for years now, even professionally for the last year.
There's one thing I still haven't ever done, and would love to do: designing a
new interface for GIMP from scratch. I'm just not sure how to go about it.
I could of course take the images of another theme and edit them as I see fit,
and publish the final result as a new skin. But I don't want to do that - I want
to do a proper job and design one from scratch.
I have searched for a tutorial about this, but strangely enough, haven't found
The graphical part is not an issue. It's the technical part I'm not sure about,
like for example:
- how do I make sure I get all the necessary image files? Is there an encrypted
theme file or something I have to unzip or whatever?
- are there any additional programs I need to use to do that?
- same for putting it together: Do I need to compile the images into a theme
file, and if so, what program do I need for that?
- are there any tutorials around about this that I might have missed
- is there a popular location where new GIMP theme are hosted and shared?
There are obviously people who know how to do this, since there are plenty of
good themes around. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out
Thanks in advance!
ID_Graphics (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list