> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 02:16:34 +0100
> From: for...@gimpusers.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> CC: t...@gimpusers.com
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP
>
> - Secondly (and more importantly) it would seem that The GIMP is now enforcing
> that I use Ctrl + E to save my images, else it tries to get me to use XCF
> format. The problem with XCF format (for me at least) is that not everyone I
> work with uses The GIMP, hence I never use the XCF format. My instant reaction
> with any program while working is to frequently use Ctrl + S to save my
> current
> file to it's current location without further intervention. So essentially
> this
> functionality is .. well, not consistent with any other piece of software I've
> seen in the last 25 years.

The
 save/export distinction is actually a completely valid design paradigm,
 the main issue is GIMP switching from one to the other rather than
having been built that way from day one.  It's a long subject that has
been discussed hundreds of times since the release of GIMP 2.8.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com