Am 07.02.2013 18:44, schrieb Richard Gitschlag:

> From: l...@holoweb.net
> To: w...@ieee.org
> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 07:43:46 +0100
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP
>
> All GIMP's formats (even xcf) are lossy - at the very least you lost
> undo history, which is one reason why people might save lots of copies
> of a file as they are working.
>
> Liam

There are not many applications where the undo history is considered a tangible part of the current document/project being worked on.

(On the same note, GIMP is the only application I know of where even the selection is considered a tangible part of the current document either. In any other application, changing selection doesn't add a step to the undo history or prompt for saving changes.)

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com