On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 02:43:12PM +0100, Simon Budig wrote:
> What would you say to
>
>    "We did it this way for reasons x, y, and z, but we recognize that
>    what you're asking isn't like the broken spacebar comic. You have
>    options a and b now, and we're thinking about some even better
>    approaches in the future, but we won't revert to the old behaviour."
>
> Because this is what we said in the past. Over and over again.

I would say: okay, cool. But that's not what I've been seeing. It's largely
along the lines of "you just don't understand that your way causes data
loss".

The current "options a and b" have a lot of rough edges. The Export Clean
script makes the UI have even more cluttered "save" options, and it doesn't
re-prompt for JPEG options, which I very much want it to do. And Overwrite
is pretty close, but it doesn't mark images as clean, so I get confused
about what I've saved already. I can live with those things, but I hate to
have to explain them to other people.

So, sure. I'd also like to hear more about the ideas for better approaches
in the future.

--
Matthew Miller           mat...@mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>