On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Matthew Miller <mat...@mattdm.org> wrote:
>> This is also the reason that core GIMP contributors consider this
>> discussion to already be done and dealt with before it flared up and
>> trolls are keeping it artificially alive. The self selected beta
>> testers that are willing to use the development version and work out
>> problems during active development have a larger influence on
>> decisions. These are also the users it makes most sense for the
>> developers to spend their volunteered time communicating with – since
>> these users directly contribute to finding bugs and potential problems
>> early.
>
> That doesn't appear to have been the case here. I brought this up during the
> 2.7.x development series, and was told that it had already been decided.

During the 2.7.x development a lot of changes were done to both the
specification and implementation of the new way of dealing with save
and export based on feedback from gimpers that were using the
development version. The reactions to; and eventual acceptance from
most; made core contributors aware that there would be a shit-storm –
and that just like for the avantgarde, the general masses are likely
to embrace the new way in the end. In particular knowing that these
are necessary reorganization to enable even more powerful ways of
working in the future.

/Ø