Hi,

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM, westendr <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> using a Nikon ls2000 and Nikon 3 software I am able to scan film strips and
> slides. When I try using Gimp 2.8 - File - Create - scanner - nikon ls2000. I
> get an error message File missing DRAGNKL1.DDL try reinstalling. This file is
> in
> windows\twain.32\nikon\nikon scan 3.0. A search of the internet showed simular
> problem with Photoshop. I have reinstalled several times but nothing seems to
> work.

Have you reinstalled whatever software owns this DLL (likely a Nikon
provided software?)? Because this is not GIMP which installs it (at
least there is no such file for me), so reinstalling GIMP is not
likely to fix anything if your system can't find it.

Also I am not a usual Windows user, but if I understood the system
logics, DLLs are also found with the PATH environment variable.
Therefore you could try to check if windows\twain.32\nikon\nikon scan
3.0 is in your PATH, and if not, add it. That may fix your issue.
Regards,

Jehan