Windows will look for DLLs in the following way - location of the calling
program, Windows Systems folder and then the PATH environment variable.

If Gimp is in your PATH variable, copying the DLL to your Gimp bin folder
should resolve this.

Of course, as Michael pointed out, you cannot call 32-bit DLLs from a
64-bit program.