> Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:05:17 +0100
> From: qelvin5...@gmail.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp interface sucks
>
> On 12/18/2013 08:09 PM, Richard wrote:
> >  > Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:28:43 +0100
> >  > From: qelvin5...@gmail.com
> >  > To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> >  > Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp interface sucks
> >  >
> >  > hi
> >  > I agree with you, this improvement needs a lot of work
> >  > we're asking for another new feature which costs nothing :
> >  > the possibility to enable save_save as_export gimp-2.6 behavior
> >
> > That discussion is over like disco.  The consolation prize is that in
> > latest versions of GIMP 2.8 if you use the wrong command the dialogue
> > message you get has a link to instantly switch to the correct one.
> >

> maybe but save/export gimp-2.6 behavior (same as photoshop and most
> editors) is far better for advanced users

No, that is a matter of debate.  There was also a clear design flaw in that in
GIMP 2.6, if you're working on a multi-layer XCF project, then save as a JPG,
GIMP 2.6 loses the association to the XCF file (i.e. all further saves,
including the "Save changes?" when you quit GIMP, target the JPG file, which
may not be what you wanted).

To be fair, I'm not completely happy with the save/export change myself, but it
is a valid design model, and the reasons behind it are solid.  I mostly have
gripes about the implementation.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com