irfanview is indeed lauded for being plenary but i haven't had success with
it: irfanview's toolbar should as you say contain a “proceed to the
successor page” button but i don't see it - i only see a “progress to the
next *file* ” button. also, the toolbar appears only in one or two views -
the default view is full screen which does present the toolbar. and iv is
most unfriendly to touchpad keyboards. thus, iv has thus far been of no use
to me although it was one of the first that i tried - that's why i'm still
searching. (btw, many softwares - including Windows! and Google's Gmail-
are inconsiderate of touchpad keyboards.)

/s/ Neal Weissman