Neal Weissman wrote on 03/10/15 02:32:

> irfanview is indeed lauded for being plenary but i haven't had success
> with it: irfanview's toolbar should as you say contain a “proceed to the
> successor page” button but i don't see it - i only see a “progress to
> the next *file* ” button. also, the toolbar appears only in one or two
> views - the default view is full screen which does present the toolbar.

I don't understand your distinction between successor "page" and "file".
You say your "book" consists of many images, one per page. As far as
image editors/viewers are concerned, an image is a file (ignoring
complications like layers).

I've never known Irfanview to default to starting full screen, but it is
an option in the preferences, anyway.

Even when you are in full screen, the left and right keyboard arrows
navigate backwards/forwards to the next image in the directory.

Attempting to read a book by individual images seems to be the root
problem. Perhaps try converting them to something like an .epub e-book
format and then use an e-book reader. I've not ever done that from
images, but there are converters out there. But even that will have
difficulties, given the text will not be able to flow to suit screen size.

> and iv is most unfriendly to touchpad keyboards. thus, iv has thus far
> been of no use to me although it was one of the first that i tried -
> that's why i'm still searching. (btw, many softwares - including
> Windows! and Google's Gmail- are inconsiderate of touchpad keyboards.)

Can't help you there. What exactly is the device you are using?

Bob Long

gimp-user-list mailing list