i solicited the gimp forum because I thought that gimp might open the .jp2
files, but we are indeed digressing from the purpose of this forum. my
tablet does not have an external keyboard and the touchpad keyboard lacks
many keys found on a physical keyboard - ESC is absent in particular. i
also don't have a physical mouse. as you say, this discussion has
progressed well beyond the purpose of this forum so i will make do with
your helpful suggestion that i should not be using "slideshow." Thank you
for your help. however, i will tell you that i have invoked 'add all' and i
do see the content of the first few pages *only* - and only in full screen
- by tapping the screen.

/s/ Neal Weissman