On 26/05/16 01:44, DennisT wrote:
That layer doesn't look like a text layer anymore. You won't be able
to modify it, I think.
I was beginning to suspect as much.

My goal is to be able to edit the text on several layers as I reuse this image
for different promotions.

For now, I have created a new layer and I am trying to line up a new text box
over the existing one.  Once I have the new text placed and formatted I will
delete the old layer.

Can you offer pointers on what not to do in order to keep the text layers
editable?  I would like to not make the same mistakes again.

Thanks very much!

Given the image, you should not be using Gimp... You can use, in decreasing ease-of-user order:

- a plain word processor (LibreOffice or else)
- Scribus (a typesetting application)
- Inkscape (a vector graphics editor)

gimp-user-list mailing list