> >     What are the advantages of RGB vs. indexed? I'm afraid I know nothing
> > about this.
> You can use filters on RGB :)
also index color (gif files) only have a maximum of 256 colors in the image, this is
configurable.
the-part-I-am-about-to-get-wrong
rgb colors have 16,000+ colors.
I think this varies between file formats and saving parameters (but way more than 256
;).

Jeff

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 02:15:20PM +0100, Rasputin wrote:
> * Michael P. Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010514 14:06]:
> > On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 09:32:21PM -0700, Jeff Trefftzs wrote:
> > > To change the background color in a gif so you don't wipe out
> > > the text there are a couple of ways to go.  But first, change
> > > the image to RGB instead of indexed.  You'll be able to change
> > > it back later.
> >
> >     What are the advantages of RGB vs. indexed? I'm afraid I know nothing
> > about this.
> >

> You can use filters on RGB :)
> Always convert any images you're working with to rgb before touching them,
> tweak away then save back to indexed if need be (i.e. for GIFs)
>
> --
> Your analyst has you mixed up with another patient.  Don't believe a
> thing he tells you.
> Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::
Thanks,
Jeff

| When you are feelin' really down,              |
| read the Book of Job, and see                  |
| what that sombitch had to go through!          |
|                      -- Forrest Gump           |
|                      -- Winston Groom          |