On Wednesday 27 February 2002 12:14 pm, Sam Jones, went on about:

> > But I'm not getting the mouse output.  One note I've still got my
> > ps/2 mouse functioning, but it was my understanding that both mice
> > should work.
>
> You are right in that X will respond to either the graphics tablet or
> the ps/2 mouse.  I should add that I don't have the Wacom mouse.  I
> only know my configuration works for the stylus.
=========================
Geoffrey,
It is true that under Linux, you should be able to continue to use your
ps/2 mouse as well as your USB tablet.  There are a few things you must
remember when doing so as well.  Be sure to set both up using Sax2 for
X and that there are no conflicts in the settings.  Second, be sure
that you are not trying to use both at the same time!  Anytime the
stylist is on the pad, the mouse is deactivated, so be sure you remove
the stylist from the pad while trying to use the mouse!  I don't
actually have a pad myself, but have read much about the setup for the
extra device from mails of those trying to get them setup correctly.
It looks like the settings are correct, as Sam points out, so both your
devices should be activated.

Patrick
--
           ---KMail 1.3.2--- SuSE Linux v7.3 Pro---
             Registered Linux User #225206