I hate when this happens.

I've got it working now.  My tablet, stylus and wacom mouse as well as
my ps2 mouse. I don't dare attempt to move both mice at the same time. :)

Both the stylus and wacom mouse work with GIMP and X.  I could actually
use the stylus as my mouse in X, although that doesn't seem practical.

Problem is, I don't know what I did that I didn't do before. This last
attempt, I started by adding the debugging option to xfree for the wacom
devices.  I restarted my xserver and then started checking out the xfree
log.  I noted that it was getting huge, so I logged out of X and killed
the x server.  From the console, I re-edited my config file commenting
out the debug statments.  I restarted X and when I got it back up, I
just happened to move the stylus and noticed my cursor moved.

Now the only difference I know of is this.  In previous attempts, I
restarted the xserver from the kdm login dialog box, where as this last
time, I did an explicit 'killall kdm' from the console.  That's the only
thing I can figure made the difference.  I would expect X to reread the
config file when you restart it though.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Sam Jones wrote:
>>I appreciate you sharing your config, I've found some differences and
>>made some changes.  Still, I'm receiving the following error:
>>(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/event0
>>      No such device.
> Another good guide is the Wacom-USB Micro Howto.  The section dealing with
> creating device files is
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Wacom-USB-mini-HOWTO-4.html
>>usb.c: registered new driver wacom
>>wacom.c: v1.21.2 Vojtech Pavlik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>wacom.c: USB Wacom Graphire and Wacom Intuos tablet driver
>>input0: Wacom Graphire2 4x5 on usb1:4.0
>>usb.c: wacom driver claimed interface ce154900
> I think things look good from your kernel.
>>But I'm not getting the mouse output.  One note I've still got my ps/2
>>mouse functioning, but it was my understanding that both mice should work.
> You are right in that X will respond to either the graphics tablet or the
> ps/2 mouse.  I should add that I don't have the Wacom mouse.  I only know
> my configuration works for the stylus.
> When I first got the my tablet, I let Kudzu handle it, and it installed it
> as a USB mouse.  This meant I couldn't use my ps/2 mouse, and the tablet
> worked without pressure or tilt sensitivity.  If I remember correctly, the
> wacom drivers weren't even in place.
>>What are the required modules for this thing?  I've got the following:
> I think this looks good.  Double check it against the other howtos.

Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]