On Thursday 28 February 2002 03:11 pm, John Culleton, went on about:
=
> > John,
> > From what I have seen thus far, just installing Sane (the main
> > program) and XSane (the gui frontend for Sane) solves all your
> > problems!  Once all is installed and the scanner setup, Gimp will
> > naturally use both for it's scanning chores.  I have not heard of
> > anyone needing to do any extra setup or plug-in movement.
> >
> > Patrick
>
> I wish it were so. I have searched all the menus on Gimp and I cannot
> find the necessary entry for acquiring images from Xsane.  Perhaps
> I need to reinstall Gimp, or tell it to search for pluins or
> whatever.
>
> Hopefully someone with the magic combination can help me out.
>
> John C.
Mine comes up under the Files menu>Acquire>XSane dialog, John.  Seems
like this has always been there since installing Gimp, but has only
become active to me since getting my new Epson scanner.  Works great
though and if memory serves me correctly, it was part of Gimp from the
get-go!  Good luck

Patrick
--
           ---KMail 1.3.2--- SuSE Linux v7.3 Pro---
             Registered Linux User #225206