On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:13:55 CDT, Patrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hopefully a solution to the CMYK seperation problem will be forthcoming
> in a later version of Gimp, because that seems to be it's only weak
> point at the moment for most professional users.

Speak for yourself.  For me, Gimp's major shortcomings are lack of
proper colourspace management and inability to work on "16-bit" (per
R,G,B) images (sure you can read 16-bit TIFFs, but the extra data is
thrown away).

As a working photographer, these things give me the most pain.  I'm sure
there are other features (or lack thereof) which give other people pain
apart from the lack of good CMYK support.

Not to say that CMYK doesn't deserve attention, just to note that it's
not the Gimp's only weak point.
David Burren