On Tuesday 29 October 2002 17:46, David Burren wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:13:55 CDT, Patrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Hopefully a solution to the CMYK seperation problem will be
> > forthcoming in a later version of Gimp, because that seems to be
> > it's only weak point at the moment for most professional users.
> Speak for yourself.  For me, Gimp's major shortcomings are lack of
> proper colourspace management and inability to work on "16-bit" (per
> R,G,B) images (sure you can read 16-bit TIFFs, but the extra data is
> thrown away).
> As a working photographer, these things give me the most pain.  I'm
> sure there are other features (or lack thereof) which give other
> people pain apart from the lack of good CMYK support.
> Not to say that CMYK doesn't deserve attention, just to note that
> it's not the Gimp's only weak point.
> __
> David Burren

Thanks David,
I was pretty sure it had some other weak points too, but I am not
familar with all of them yet.  It seemed like CMYK was one that was
complained about a lot, so I gathered it was one of the biggies
everyone would like to have fixed.  Gimp is always a work in progress
and with the ability to program scripts and the work of the programmers
it continues to grow and get better.  Usually too there are workarounds
for most all of it's shortcomings.  For the cost, it is an excellent
choice for doing any type of artwork, don't you think?  ;o)

        Registered Linux User #225206