On Friday 17 January 2003 10:57, Kevin Myers wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> I haven't tried any of those yet, though have received several other
> similar suggestions.  My first question would be whether I can get a
> decent version of any of them that will run under Windoze.  If so,
> then I'll take a closer look.  Thanks.
>
> Kevin M.

Two suggestions:

Out of the world of TeX came Metafont whigh begat Metapost which in
consort with Context (a TeX variant) created a vector dawing facility
called Metafun. You could visit
http://www.pragma-ade.nl and download the manual for a looksee.

If you find that Windoze constricts your choices then set up a Linux
partition on a second disk drive (they are cheap) and explore a
broader range of options.

John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters
Rowse Reviews