wrote:
> > I find that my current monitor (Orion 17 inch
> > OC-17DB0725) has adjustments for brightness and
> > contrast but none for gamma.  The venerable Gimp User
> > Manual (GUM) offers instructions for making at least a
> > crude Gamma adjustment. But my monitor has no such
> > adjustment.  and when I load the file recommended by
> > the GUM I find that my monitor is at the high end of
> > the scale for gamma.
>
> The best is to adjust the gamma within the Xfree
> software. There is an application called kgamma and a
> plugin for gkrellm to do such an adjustement.

KGamma for some reason was not included on my LInux
Slackware 9.1 system so I downloaded the Kgraphics 3.2
package and am compiling it as I write this.

I had no luck with LProf and sent an inquiry to the authors.
Whenever I tried to load a file it just quit suddenly with
no error message.

Is Gamma adjustable on monitors less than $1,000 US?
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers